Accommodation rules
Accommodation rules
As with any university-based dormitory, there is a number of rules you as a resident have to follow. You may familiarize yourself with this document, or read through the next few points.
According to the Federal Migration Law, Skoltech can provide accommodation only to active current students at Skoltech, including:

  • Students, including newcomers (MSc, PhD), with an 'active' status
  • Students returning from academic leave
  • Students returning from academic mobility
  • Disabled students
  • Married couples (at least one of them is an active Skoltech student)
  • Global campus Program participants
  • Prospective students (no more than 3 nights)
  • International visiting students
  • Auditing students
Unfortunately, Skoltech can't accommodate all students.
We are unable to reserve places for:

  • Students who are on maternity/paternity leave
  • Students who are on academic leave
  • Double-degree program students (if the original diploma is provided to another university)
  • Not currently enrolled students (accommodation is possible only after official enrollment)
  • Students who are currently on academic mobility outside Moscow in case 3+ weeks

accommodation priority
Please note, allocation will be made randomly (with regard to gender). At this time it's not possible to select your roommate.

Dormitory allocation will be arranged in the following priority order:
Skoltech students (MSc and PhD) and students with disabilities
International students returning from academic mobility, international students with families, Global Campus students
International applicants (no more than 3 days), international students returning from academic leave, visiting international students
International students with families
Russian citizens, current MSc or PhD students at Skoltech, Russian citizen applicants (no more than 3 days), students with families (one of the family members must be an international citizen)
Russian citizens with families
Visiting students with Russian citizenship
Russian citizen students with families planning permanent residency in the apartments
Available soon
Skoltech guests
Upon individual requests
special conditions
Accommodation for families

We provide accommodation for married couples in case at least one of spouses is active Skoltech international student. You can live together in separate apartment with personal bathroom and kitchen. In this case, there are a few conditions:

  • You provide a legally notarized official certificate of registration of marriage with your spouse and birth certificate of your child (if this applies to you)
  • You and your spouse (and child) must permanently live in Palisad Dormitory
  • We'll be able to provide you a room only after all active international students' allocation
  • Studio apartments are assigned based on a first-come-first-served basis
  • We do not provide beds for children. You will need to get one on your own
Accommodation with pets

You can move in with your pet only in case it is your guide dog, or you are in animal-assisted therapy. You will have to follow these conditions:

  • you should provide doctors certificate that you can't live without your pet
  • you should provide veterinary passport of your pet
  • all your neighbors agree (in written form)
  • You should pay deposit to Management Company (approximate cost is 1500 rubles per square meter, and you pay for the whole apartment.)
  • the sublease agreement will be three-sided: student – Skoltech – apartment owner.
  • You can't walk the dog at children's playground, flower garden or lawn. You can do it in designated areas.
  • You should walk your dog with leash. In case you dog taller than 40 cm you should use muzzle.
Accommodation agreement
At Skoltech we are trying to give you as much freedom as possible for your best experience. However, we have some rules to do your accommodation comfortable and safe for everyone:

  • Don't smoke inside apartment and buildings, and closer 15 meters to them
  • Don't violate migration rules
  • Don't damage equipment and furniture / walls
  • Don't damage or loss Amenities
  • Don't violate silence rules (no loud music or noise from1 p.m. till 3 p.m. and from 11 p.m. till 7 a.m.)
  • Don't break up accommodation rules [especially dirty / dust in room / kitchen and etc]
  • Don't drink alcohol in apartments
  • Don't fight, affront, abuse against other students and guests, as well as Skoltech and Managing company
Since the territory of the Dormitory is believed to be Skoltech premise the violation of Skoltech internal rules might also lead to disciplinary actions.
disciplinary actions for violations
According to the internal rules of Skoltech it might be a remark, a reprimand, a disciplinary Commission. In the worst case you might be expelled based on the results of the Disciplinary Committee. See more.
    How can I make reservation?
    Please click here to reserve a spot.
    Does Skoltech provide any transfer from the airport?
    No, you will need to figure this part on your own. Here are some helpful navigation tips.
    When I can check-in or check-out?
    You can check-in from 2 p.m.
    You can check-out before 12 p.m.
    If you need early or late check-in/out, please, contact us.

    The dorm reception is open from 10 AM to 10 PM for all other questions.
    Are there any deposits for Dorm accommodation?
    No, no deposits or guarantee payments exist in Dorm.

    However, when you are checking-in you'll have to sign up a certificate of transfer (when are checking-out - certificate of return) with all furniture and supplies written in. So you are responsible for its safety and correct usage. See the document samples under 'booking documents' here.
    How can I make migration registration slip in Palisad?
    Our Migration Team will do this automatically. You need to follow regulations and rules described here.
    How easily can I access apartment in late hours?
    There is no special entering regime established so far. However, we do recommend following the rules of well common being and common sense while returning home in the late hours in order not to disturb your neighbors. Each student would have his own key from the apartment and block (RFID key).
    Can we install any lock to sleeping room(s) door?
    No, this is strictly prohibited as believed to be the apartment damage and is subject to disciplinary actions. Moreover, this is prohibited by Fire Protection regulations [Your safety is our top priority!]
    Can I move or swap my bed with another student?
    First of all, it will be possible not earlier than in a month after check-in.

    1. You should find a person, who will swap the bed with you.
    2. All roommates should agree with such a swap.
    3. Make sure that you match the 0-1 range. It's possible only for 0-1 range students and once in 5 months [one time per semester]
    4. Inform the Dormitory Head. Only after you receive this approval you will be able to swap your beds.
    Why I can't choose my room or roommates?
    Unfortunately, we can't give you opportunity to choose your room or roommates because we have over 200 students to allocate and we can't please all your desires physically. Rules are the same for everyone.

    How could I get evicted from an apartment?
    • In case your sublease agreement expired
    • For gross violation of the rules of University or repeated minor occasions that caused disciplinary penalties
    • In case you 'lose' Skoltech Student status:
    - Graduation / 'expelling' from University [you have 3 days to leave Russia in such a case]
    - You are in academic leave
    - You are into academic mobility
    - You are in maternity/paternity leave
    What if I got sick?
    If you have a contact disease, we'll temporarily relocate you in isolation room. You should provide doctor's certificate with the specified period of the recommended isolation to Dormitory Head.

    If you are temporarily disabled, we'll try to relocate to specialized room for disabled, regretfully, we can't promise it.
    Can I invite guests?
    Yes, you can. You can invite them during the day, but your guests can't sleep in the dorm (nor day, nor night). You must notify us and receive a response from about your guests' arrival no later than 3 hours prior.
    Can my family/friends stay in my apartment for a night?
    Regretfully, we can't accommodate your family overnight [except married couples permanent accommodation], however, we can suggest you friendly hotels and give you informational support regarding LOI, visa, accommodation and registration.
    What if equipment got broken?
    1. Contact the Dormitory Head. You should attach the item description and origin of the situation, photo or video.
    2. In a few days commission will come to check what has happened.
    3. In case it is warranty case company will fix it for free.
    4. In case you broke it, or somebody else from your apartment, the commission will decide the amount of the compensation (all prices are listed in the Appendix to the Certificate of Transfer document. See here under 'booking paperwork'). Then you will have to fix the damage or buy the same new item. We follow to the principles of collective responsibility.
    Get support
    If you have any questions, need advice in choosing your accommodation or support in reserving a dormitory place, please contact the Skoltech Dormitory Team at, +7 915 350 05 34 (consider working hours).

    In case you are a current resident and have an emergency, contact Dormitory Head Irina Morozova at or at +7-963-6055025.